You know how sometimes enemies resist ailments? It's not random. For example, if you want to stun an enemy, you need to deal enemy "Stun Damage" to lower their "Stun HP" to zero. This means that if an ailment ability doesn't work, it's not a waste since it makes it easier for the next ability to succeed. Enemies gain resistance as they recover from ailments so it becomes harder and harder to inflict the same ailment on them.
Ailment List Edit
This is a list of all the ailments in the game.
- Stun: Skip a turn.
- Charm: Attack allies. Lasts one turn.
- Disarm: 35% damage penalty. Lasts one turn.
- Vulnerable: Take double damage from the next hit.
- Enrage: All hits received taunt. 25% damage penalty on attacks that hit multiple targets. Lasts for the rest of the battle.
- Poison: Take damage every turn. Only works on organic creatures. Lasts for the rest of the battle.
- Rust: Cut defenses in half. Reduces turn frequency. Only works on robotic enemies. Lasts for the rest of the battle.
- Curse: 15% damage penalty. Lowers ailment resistance. Only works on astral enemies. Lasts for the rest of the battle.